Reina and Christina’s guest this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast is Becki Crosby, a professional stylist turned self-confidence promoter and creator of Whippy Cake. Becki shares that being a business owner isn’t all sunshine and rainbows and what people can actually expect to go through. Also discussed in this episode is the need to go all in in your business, why you need to trust yourself and what you’re good at, and why personal development is important + what kinds to partake in. The trio even discuss copycats, why you shouldn’t hyperfocus on them, and how to find your special message to the world.
- What Becki’s winding path to entrepreneurship looked like
- Why Becki chose to shut down her headband business rather than sell it
- Why you need to go all in with your business, no matter if you don’t have many hours to work on it
- What the difference is between successful business owners + people who are just dabbling
- How being a business owner isn’t all sunshine and rainbows
- Why people are more important than money and what role intuition plays in Becki’s business
- What “makeup for your mindset” is and why you need to be doing it
- Why you need to trust yourself and what you’re good at
- Why you shouldn’t hyperfocus on copycats
- How to figure out what’s special about you, what your message to the world is
- Why personal development is important + what kinds to partake in
- Laura Roeder of Meet Edgar
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- The Palm Shop
Who is Whippy Cake? That would be me, Becki, a professional stylist turned self-confidence promoter. I love a beauty tutorial as much as the next girl, but I also believe in a world where people put more value on who you are on the inside than what you look like on the outside.
If pixie tutorials and confidence lessons aren’t enough to kick start your journey to mega achievement, I’ve still got you covered. After developing my own business for 7+ years and working on dream projects that still have me pinching myself, I’ve turned my attention to you, the up-and-coming #GirlBoss who just might need a little pep talk from someone who has been there, tried that. Never one to shy away from a crowd, I have also taken my love for teaching on the road, speaking to audiences big and small, from LA to NYC.
Becki’s Social Handles: