Reina and Christina’s guest this episode is Holly Patton Olsen, Lead Planner & Designer of Perfectly Posh Events. Holly shares her knowledge about presenting yourself as a professional through appearance, body language, and business practices. She also gives great insight into how her client meetings are structured and how to deal with clients who are presenting some red flags.
- What makes Holly’s wedding planning business unique + what some of the benefits are to having a team of planners
- How to present yourself as a professional when you do in-person meetings
- How showing up as a professional helps change your mindset
- What body language has to do with your first impression
- What advice Holly has for someone who is new + nervous
- How Holly structures her client meetings
- Why you need a client questionnaire
- How to figure out what clients will be a good fit for you
- How to fire a client professionally
- How to appear more professional especially when you get to work from home
Holly Patton is the Lead Planner & Designer of Perfectly Posh Events and is the go-to-gal in Seattle for stylish and city chic weddings. She adores all things pretty and feminine, is obsessed with anything Kate Spade, is inspired by creating designs that represent her couples, and loves any excuse to celebrate with bubbly! Recently, Holly and her team were awarded “Best Wedding Planner” by Seattle Bride Magazine’s Best of Awards for 2015 and 2014, along with being named in the Top 50 Event Planners in the United States by The Daily Meal and receiving the Couple’s Choice award from Wedding Wire for the past four years in a row! Holly earned a BA in Business from Seattle Pacific University and spent over six years working for various companies in the event and wedding industry. She has been working exclusively with weddings for the past six years and absolutely loves it. She loves starting the morning off with a dry almond cappuccino and ending the day with a glass of red wine from one of the local Washington wineries. A lifelong Seahawks fan, she love football season and spending Sundays cheering on her home team! She adore shoes and can frequently be seen running around events in a pair of amazing heels that color-coordinate with the event theme. Her free time is spent volunteering for Get Hitched Give Hope and the Mona Foundation.
Holly’s Social Handles: