This episode of the Creative Empire Podcast, Reina and Christina are joined by stylist and product photographer Shay Cochrane. Shay is well-known in business circles for her product photography and she imparts some of her own wisdom about how to find your unmistakable style. She shares how she first developed her style and how she tunes out all the noise to just create what only she can create. With a refreshing candor, Shay shares her views on copycats and failure and how to know what to try next.
- How to stand out from others in your field + tune the noise out
- How to boost your creativity
- How to not let copycats get you down
- How to find your breakthrough thing that differentiates you from others
- How to have an easier time bouncing back from failure
- How to know what step to take next
- Creative at Heart conference
- Shay’s Styled Stock Photography
- Anna Rifle Bond/Rifle Paper Co
- HGTV Design Star
- Creative Worksheet
After eight years as a wedding and portrait photographer Shay felt her passion and creativity beginning to wane. After a light bulb moment in Homegoods (of all places!) she made the almost overnight decision to jump head first into the unknown world of styling and product photography. She deleted eight years of wedding photography off of her website, landed her first commercial client and has never looked back. In her own words, “I have finally found that organic, creative, authenticity that always seemed to be missing in those early years as a photographer. I have found the work that my heart truly loves.” By God’s grace Shay is married to her best friend of 10 years, has two curly haired girls and lives in sunny Tampa, FL.
Shay’s Social Handles:
- Shay’s Styled Stock Photography Website
- Shay’s Styled Stock Photography Instagram