This episode of the Creative Empire Podcast, hosts Reina Pomeroy and Christina Scalera are joined by Autumn Witt Boyd, an intellectual property lawyer who specializes in working with creative entrepreneurs. First they talk about where clients find Autumn and how they can approach her to get the most out of working with her. Autumn explains that investing in sound legal advice is an investment creative business owners need to make for their business to run the way it should. They discuss the biggest legal hangups that she sees questions on and what kind of worrisome situations people who haven’t worked with a lawyer yet find themselves in. They even discuss how to DIY a contract (hint: pick up one of her DIY templates over on her website!) Lastly, Autumn explains how to start an LLC and get it off the ground.
- How hiring a lawyer is like an insurance policy for your business
- How contracts protect both the service provider and the client
- What kind of jams people without legal expertise find themselves in + her solutions
- Whether or not you need a lawyer from your area + how law licensing works
- What steps to take to start an LLC and get it off the ground
- Why hire someone smaller like Autumn or Christina who specifically work with creatives
- Being Boss podcast
- Being Boss Facebook group
- Savvy Business Owners Facebook group
- Legal Road Map- Autumn’s podcast launching November 14th
Autumn Witt Boyd is a lawyer who helps creative entrepreneurs achieve explosive growth. Autumn helps businesses protect themselves with rock solid contracts they can actually understand. She also works with creatives who want to make more money from their copyrights and trademarks, and solve problems like copycats or difficult clients when they come up. You can find tons of free legal resources and more information about working together on her website.
Autumn’s Social Handles: