Equine photographer Kirstie Jones is Reina + Christina’s guest this episode. They start the episode by discussing how she even created her niche of equine photography and how she found her style as a photographer. She owns her passion for pricing + business and talks a little about how she has to create her own demand. Kirstie discusses putting money into advertising and how she gets return on her investment because she knows her customer. Kirstie’s confidence shines throughout this episode and Reina asks her what she would tell a new business owner who maybe wasn’t as confident. She ends the episode with the advice for new entrepreneurs to craft their why and their story and believe in every inch of it, because that will help them with sales better than anything else.
- How doing what she loved helped Kirstie find her niche and noticing common threads in what she loved developed her style
- How having a pulse on the market helps you calculate your business decisions
- How Kirstie takes cues on pricing from other industries
- How you get a great return on your investment if you understand where your clients are and if your messaging is correct
- How Kirstie first started getting published in blogs + magazines and what she would do differently now
- How believing in what you’re selling wholeheartedly leads to confidence + an easier time selling
- Why crafting your why + your story + believing in every inch of it is important to entrepreneurs
- Sue Bryce
- Erich McVey
- Entrepreneur July Issue Why It’s Nearly Impossible to Stop This Amazon and Ebay Scheme
Kirstie Jones is an equine portrait photographer located in Dallas, Texas. Since opening Kirstie Marie Photography in 2013, her work has been featured across dozens of equine publications, as well as on coveted photography blogs around the world. Using both film and digital cameras, Kirstie’s work is often described as authentic, emotional, and timeless. Kirstie earned a BBA in Finance from the Neeley School of Business at Texas Christian University, where she also rode as a scholarship athlete for the TCU Equestrian Team.
Kirstie’s Social Handles:
- KMP Learn Website
- KMP Learn Instagram
- Snapchat: @KirstieMJones