Joining Reina and Christina today is Kurt Elster, of Ether cycle and the Unofficial Shopify Podcast. He is a Senior E-commerce Consultant who helps Shopify store owners uncover hidden profits in their websites. The trip start this episode by chatting about how to niche down in your business as well as how e-commerce can fit into most businesses. Kurt talks about how to help make your e-commerce store more efficient by getting rid of the “fluff” as well as creating a job for each page. In addition he shares some tips for conversion optimization on your e-commerce store.
- How to niche down in your business [0:03:25]
- What fixed pricing can look like [0:05:49]
- How e-commerce can fit into a freelancers business [0:09:25]
- How to make e-commerce more efficient [0:14:14]
- What a great “about page” should look like [0:15:59]
- Why people buy from people, not brands [0:20:39]
- How copyrighting is probably the single greatest conversion rate optimization tactic [0:23:21]
- How to migrate to Shopify [0:26:03]
- What some success stories look like [0:28:16]
- Why you need to pick a medium and share your story [0:34:02]
So I wanted to try YouTube, I wanted to experiment with it. I call it an experiment because that gives me permission to fail and it gives me permission to half ass it if I want to.
- Ether Cycle
- Active Campaign
- Hot Jar
- Maria Bamford
- Ezra Firestone
- BOOM By Cindy Joseph
- Logan Ketterling
- Kurt’s e-Commerce Boot Camp (40% off, if you use coupon code: Creative Empire)
One of the most highly regarded independent consultants in his industry, Kurt Elster is a Senior Ecommerce Consultant who helps Shopify store owners uncover hidden profits in their websites. Kurt is the founder of ecommerce agency Ethercycle, host of the popular Ecommerce Hacks Weekly video series, author of Ecommerce Bootcamp, and host of The Unofficial Shopify Podcast. These resources have helped thousands of Shopify store owners create impact, freedom, & wealth. You can learn more and subscribe to Kurt’s free newsletter at http://kurtelster.com/
Do you love what you’ve heard?
Add this graphic to your Insta Story!