This Creative Empire podcast episode Reina and Christina chat with Justin and Mary Marantz of justinandmaryweddings.com. Justin and Mary Marantz are an international wedding photography duo who travel the globe shooting weddings, teaching, and inspiring other small business owners, as well as the founders and editors in chief of twin wedding blogs, The Black Tie Bride and The Well Groomed Groom. Today they are chatting with Reina and Christina all about running a business with your significant other. They talk about making the leap into their business after both having great job offers and what being a couple can look like working together. Mary shares the largest road blocks she hears from people when mentoring business owners, which are permission and perfectionism. They both talk about how you can build confidence in your business.
- How Justin and Mary took the leap of faith into starting a business together [0:01:54]
- What the pressure looked like for them to make their business succeed [0:04:45]
- What the two biggest road blocks are for success [0:09:16]
- How to have conversations about starting your own business with people you care about [0:12:05]
- What being a husband-and-wife-duo in business has looked like for them + tips [0:17:08]
- What the biggest objections they see in mentoring [0:28:54]
- Why you should do what you are good at [0:31:29]
- What two things are that can help you build confidence in your business [0:34:50]
- Why should you connect with people [0:40:10]
- How to tell a powerful story + not comparing to each other [0:42:39]
We chose us. We chose the one that was going to allow us to spend our lives together.
- Yale Law School
- Dave Ramsey
- Adrienne Dorison
- Blue Apron
- Annie Leibovitz
- Lindsay Lohan
- Olivia Pope
- Betty White
- Natalie Franke – Creative @ Heart
- Morgan Freeman
- Jay Crew
As soon as you understand that permission will never come, it blows the doors wide open and it really puts you in the driver’s seat.
Justin & Mary Marantz are an international wedding photography duo who travel the globe shooting weddings, teaching, & inspiring other small business owners, as well as the founders & editors in chief of twin wedding blogs The Black Tie Bride and The Well Groomed Groom. In the past few years, they have put on their workshops worldwide including London, Australia, Germany & The Netherlands, took their What’s Next Tour” across the country on their own tour bus, authored their two books- The Guide & The Lighting Guide, presented at international conferences including WPPI and The Dutch Wedding Congress, and were featured in Inside Weddings, Style Me Pretty & Martha Stewart. Their iconic style of photography is recognized the world over and most recently earned them a place as a “LEGEND OF LIGHT” for Profoto along with their year long video series “Walk Through a Wedding w/ Justin & Mary” walking through each step of the wedding day. But on their best days, you can find them at home by the water with their very fluffy golden retrievers, Cooper & Atticus and drinking way more Starbucks than any normal person should. Mary is currently working on writing her first book.
Do you love what you’ve heard?
Add this graphic to your Insta Story!