This Creative Empire podcast episode Reina and Christina chat with Katie Doherty of La Rousse Shoppe. Katie is a whimsical redheaded photographer and entrepreneur, who has built a six figure e-commerce company from the ground up in just two years. Katie is sharing all about the transition of being a full time photographer to being a shop owner and photographer. She gives tips on intentional affiliate programs, such as HARO and Refersion. The trio talk about what automation can do for your business and how to hand off things to others.
- How she transitioned from photographer to shop owner + Photographer [0:02:05]
- What investing in a product for your business looks like [0:15:03]
- What pre-validation looks like for her [0:18:04]
- What lessons can learned from transitioning from a service based to a product + service based business [0:23:59]
- How to start a successful shop [0:28:07]
- How to use Facebook Groups + Instagram for your shop + having influencers [0:28:19]
- What intentional affiliate programs can help [0:32:08]
- What automation can do for your business [0:38:00]
- La Rousse Shoppe
- Keep Sake Boxes
- Mrs. Box
- Ezra Firestone
- Nikki Elledge Brown
- Janet Gwen Designs
- Katie Fisher
- The Money Pillow with Shawn Malarkey
- The Smart Passive Income podcast with Pat Flynn
- The Unofficial Shopify podcast with Kurt Alastair
The biggest thing that carries from service to product based business is just continuing to be a really great communicator.
Katie Doherty is a whimsical redheaded photographer and entrepreneur, who has built a six figure e-commerce company from the ground up in just two years. La Rousse Shoppe sells boutique packaging products, such as glass photo boxes and usb drives, to professional photographers. It all started with Katie’s love of creating beautiful things, fueled by a desire for freedom and the ability to work from anywhere. Her favorite aspects of running La Rousse Shoppe are designing products, branding & packaging, and seeing all of the wonderful ways photographers are sharing their styled print boxes on social media. Katie and her business partner Phil are working on further automating the business by building their team and outsourcing daily tasks like shipping and fulfilling orders. The goal is to build systems and automation so that Katie and Phil can focus on expanding their product line, and of course enjoying a life of travel and leisure.
- La Rousse Website + creative10 at checkout for $10 off your first order
Do you love what you’ve heard?
Add this graphic to your Insta Story!