This Creative Empire podcast episode Reina and Christina interview Shanna Skidmore. Shanna is a business strategist and financial coach. Nicknamed the “dream-releaser” by her clients, she helps entrepreneurs make money doing what they love by building profitable and sustainable businesses. Shanna shares all about taking sabbatical and time off for your business to do better. She gives advice for people to have confidence in their business by, giving yourself a budget, making a plan, and understanding the outcomes you’re looking for will really help you decide what’s the best content you can get and start there. Shanna shares lots of tips to help you plan and be intentional in your business.
- What caused her to jump off of social media and what it has been like [0:01:39]
- How sabbaticals can help your business [0:04:23]
- How to plan out your finances to help you schedule time off – “Money Date” [0:10:56]
- How to be a good entrepreneur [0:15:34]
- What the difference between a hobbyist and an entrepreneur is [0:19:09]
- What a “10 year overnight success” looks like [0:25:55]
- How multiple streams of income can help your business [0:27:05]
- How speaking can become a diversified stream of revenue [0:30:55]
- What you can do to have confidence in your business [0:35:33]
I’m usually a mom when my kids are awake and I am a designer, or an artist, when my kids are asleep.
- Trouville in Michigan
- Shanna Skidmore Consulting
- Blueprint Model
- Teissia Treynet of Firefly Events
- GoPro Founder: Nick Woodman
- Erin Benzakein of Floret Flowers
- Magnolia – Fixer-upper Magnolia
- Pricing for Creatives Course
- Mary Beth Creative Empire Podcast Episode
if you just keep creating and keep trying new things, eventually you’ll fall into place, you’ll fall into where you’re supposed to be.
Shanna Skidmore is a business strategist and financial coach. Nicknamed the “dream-releaser” by her clients, she helps entrepreneurs make money doing what they love by building profitable & sustainable businesses. For the past 10 years she has been immersed in the world of small business development and finance. By studying patterns of success, she now coaches and consults with creative entrepreneurs on business principles she found to be key indicators of success. Her background in finance, psychology and art, have allowed her to marry the world of business and creativity. Her greatest joy is watching others transform their stories and build businesses & lives they love!
Do you love what you’ve heard? Add this graphic to your Insta Story!