This Creative Empire podcast episode Reina and Christina interview Lauren Carnes, photographer behind Lauren Carnes Photography. Lauren is known for photography, plus her brand building and she talks about what that transition has looked like for her. The three discuss how sometimes personal and professional content is used in their businesses. Lauren shares tips on how to mesh both together for content by determining what is that brand voice for you, what imagery do you want and just being open to what your followers and what the people in your target audience are looking for and finding where they are. In addition, she shares her 3 tips for the perfect yes pitch.
- What her non-linear journey has looked like as a professional and moving into photography [0:01:32]
- How someone can transition from one focus to another, smoothly [0:08:45]
- What influence her Instagram has had on her business [0:11:10]
- How to set boundaries for our social media presence + defining your brand voice [0:13:13]
- What social media presence give and takes can look like for a relationship [0:14:30]
- How “personal” and “on brand” can mesh together for content [0:17:02]
- What creating a “perfect yes” can look like [00:26:16]
- What the next wave of communications market is [0:35:49]
- How open she is to continuing and moving seasons as they come [0:39:09]
the great thing about being small business owners and being creatives is that we are able to recreate ourselves whenever we want.
- The Rising Tide Society
- Tuesdays Together – The Rising Tide Society
- Honey Book
- Natalie Frank
- Shauna Niequist – Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life
The Step-by-Step Recipe to Your Signature Brand Voice: http://bit.ly/
Top 3 Tips for Creating Instagram Stories That Convert: http://bit.ly/
- The Heart Centered Biz Bosses Group
- Selling with Generosity Series
If you see a need, being able to step up to the plate and fill it can actually be one of the most rewarding things.
With a background in marketing, public relations and social media management, Lauren has always been a lover of telling great stories. For 6 years she worked alongside international brands including Nike, Airstream, the John Maxwell Company and Chick-fil-A in defining unique elements of their stories and serving as their brand voice through digital, print and in-person engagements. In May of 2014, Lauren launched Lauren Carnes Photography and began incorporating visual storytelling through branding, food and wedding photography, while also coaching and consulting creatives on photography and effective brand building to fit their unique voice. Lauren partners with creatives and food-focused businesses to align communications strategy and create a cohesive brand through copywriting and visual communications. With a passion for fostering community, Lauren leads the Rising Tide Society TuesdaysTogether group in Augusta, GA. When she’s not photographing or drafting engaging copy, she can be found spending time with her husband, Chip, and their fur-baby, Sophie. Lauren loves to cook, host people for dinner (or brunch!), and explore new cities.
Do you love what you’ve heard? Add this graphic to your Insta Story!